Bradford County Courthouse
301 Main Street
Towanda, PA 18848
Phone: (570) 265-1701
Fax: (570) 265-1734
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
SPECIAL NOTICE ABOUT FIREARMS APPLICATION RENEWAL:
Due to the COVID 19 virus, we will be processing ALL License to Carry applications through the mail ONLY! This will be effective immediately and last until further notice. Once you are approved, we will notify you by phone of a time, date, and location to obtain your photograph, signature, and issue the license to carry. Applications are available in the document section below. Please keep checking this webpage for any updates.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
When sending your application through the mail, please include the following with your application:
- Copy of your driver’s license and a copy of your current permit.
- Certified check or money order for $20.00 made out to “Bradford County Sheriff.”
We thank you for your understanding during this time.
Sheriff Clinton “C.J.” Walters
The sheriff position is the oldest form of law enforcement in the country and is established by the constitution of Pennsylvania. Although sheriffs’ duties were not spelled out in Pennsylvania’s founding document, it is well documented that sheriffs were not only the workhorses of the court system, but acted as law enforcement in Pennsylvania for decades. The dedicated men and women of the Bradford County Sheriff Office are committed to doing everything they can to make our county a better place to live and raise our families.
The sheriff is responsible for:
- Keeping the peace in the county
- Arresting violators of the law
- Assisting other law enforcement agencies in the county
- Serving and enforce orders of the Bradford County Court of Common
- All of the bench warrants issued by the Court of Common Pleas
the completion of fugitive from justice extraditions for Bradford
- Serving a wide variety of civil processes (over 1,200 per year), including:
- Orders of possession
- Mortgage foreclosures
- Sheriff sales
- The transportation of individuals incarcerated or sentenced by the Bradford County Courts
- The security in all the courtrooms in Bradford County
- The screening checkpoint to prevent weapons entering the Courthouse
- Protecting judges and courtroom personnel to ensure their safety
- Issuing the license to carry firearms to Bradford County residents only