- Coordinates program management for the 51 local emergency management coordinators
- Writes, revises, and guides emergency plan development
- Coordinates/mobilizes emergency response resources
- Serves as point of contact for all requests to the state for material, equipment and supplies during declared or imminent emergency situations
- Serves as point of contact for county assistance to communities
- Coordinates and schedules training programs for fire department, EMS and emergency management personnel
- Maintaind regional focus on planning for emergency response and regional planning effort
- Served as the point of contact for resources to support non-governmental organizations in time of emergencies
- Maintains County Incident Management Team (CIMT), Auxiliary Communications Services Team (ACS), Critical Incident Stress Management Team (CISM), Hazardous Materials Decon Team, hazardous materials response and associated resources
- Provides outreach services to the community to assist residents to be informed, make a plan, build a kit and get involved.
The National Weather Service and state officials declared Bradford County a Storm Ready County in 2000. The designation was recently renewed in 2014.
The Department of Public Safety is affiliated with the North Central Task Force, Local Emergency Planning Committee, Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials, International Association of Emergency Managers, Keystone Emergency Management Association, National Safety Council, National Fire Protection Association, and International Association of Fire Chiefs.