Larnard-Hornbrook

This Park is located along the Susquehanna River in Sheshequin Township. This park resides on 30 acres and offers 40 RV sites with water and electric hook-ups and a tenting area. There are also shower and restroom facilities as well as 4 pavilions. We have lots of open areas to enjoy featuring a ball field and volleyball net. We also have a boat launch so you can enjoy the beautiful Susquehanna River. Directions: From Rte 6 in N. Towanda take James St. east ( State Rte 1041) and cross the Susquehanna River, Turn left on State Rte 1043 north. Follow this approximately 2miles to a left on State Rte 1045 about 2 miles to the Park on the left.



For Camping Reservations or Information about this Park Contact: Libby Keeney at 607-742-9930

History

As with the other Bradford County Parks, Larnard/Hornbrook Park came into existence through the State Project 70, a program to develop parks in rural areas. Planning began in the early to middle 1960’s. Initial development was achieved in the 1970’s. The program was co-operation effort with the Bradford County Commissioners who at that time were Harold Woodard, Benny Larnard, and Henry Stone. In March of 1970, the County purchased two parcels of land in Susquehanna Township from Charles and Esther Kitchen for a park site. One parcel along the bank of the Susquehanna River consisted of 17.5 acres. The second parcel is an island in the river and is listed as containing 12.6 acres. There is boat access to the river. The original name of this was Hornbrook Park. After Mr. Larnard retired from the Commissioner’s Office, a petition was circulated to change the name to Larnard/Hornbrook Park. It was officially changed, giving honor to Mr. Larnard who worked so diligently to have the park developed

Related Links

Documents & Forms