Economic Development Resources
COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
Unemployment Compensation and Paid Family Leave:
While unemployment compensation eligibility determinations are made by the states, Congress recently made a number of changes to directly address COVID-19 concerns.
You can find more information by going to these state Unemployment Compensation resources:
- PA COVID-19 Unemployment Compensation Homepage
- PA Unemployment Compensation Handbook
- PA Unemployment Compensation Self-Service Portal
UC has a Virtual assistant that can help to answer questions at 877-978-1295.
FAQs for PUA can be found HERE
The United States Department of Labor has put together these resources to help you with information on paid family leave and COVID-19 sick time information:
For Small Businesses:
Registration is now open for the 4/9 webinar on the Paycheck Protection Program for Sole-Proprietors and Independent Contractors.
Penn State is also giving away workshops. Click HERE for information.
Economic Injury Disaster Loan information from the Small Business Administration can be found at:
- Portal for loan application
- SBA Customer Service Center:
As part of the CARES Act, Congress provided for paycheck protection loans that, if used for certain expenses, can be forgiven. More information can be found HERE.
A list of Community Bank partners for these loans can be accessed HERE.
Gov. Tom Wolf has issued an order for all non-life-sustaining businesses to close. Click on the following links for more information on the topics listed:
- List of business categories subject to that order
- Submit questions about the order to the Department of Community and Economic Development
- Submit questions to the Department of Community and Economic Development about seeking a waiver