Bradford County Courthouse
301 Main Street
Towanda, PA 18848
Dan Thorp, Fiscal Director
Phone: (570) 265-1723
Fax: (570) 265-1729
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
The Accounting Department is responsible for the payment of invoices issued to Bradford County for the utilities, supplies and services provided to all county agencies. The department issues approximately 34,000 checks annually for these payments.
- Provide payroll for all county employees (approximately 700 fulltime and part time). All employees of the county are paid bi-weekly.
- Track county employees’ time worked and paid time off.
- Maintain the General Ledger for the county. There are 13 different funds with 3,900 different account numbers. There are a wide variety of reports that are completed due quarterly and yearly.
- Ensure each county government department submits a budget for the yearly budgeting process for the Commissioners’ approval.
- Performs a number of other tasks such as balancing accounts, preparing reports for departments, helping and training department heads on the accounting system and answering questions from the employees and vendors.