220 Main Street, Unit 1
Towanda, PA 18848
(located on 2nd floor, parking lot level)
Mary Sturdevant, Housing Specialist
Phone: (570) 265-1760 x2946
Fax: (570) 265-8541
Works with clients, caseworkers, provider agencies and individuals from housing authorities/corporations, developers, and landlords in Bradford/Sullivan Counties to assist individuals and families with securing and/or keeping stable, permanent housing.
Boards & Committees:
Local Housing Options Team (LHOT)
Criminal Justice Advisory Board (CJAB)
Regional Housing Advisory Board (RHAB)
Building Outreach Opportunities, Inc.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE DURING AND/OR DUE TO THE PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY
Emergency Rental Assistance 2 Program (ERAP 2):
- The household must meet the income guidelines for their household size for Bradford County (80% AMI) – there are charts in the packet in the documents section below that identify income limits and documents that are acceptable proof of income;
- Must be tenants (not homeowners);
- The household must have a verifiable financial hardship that is occurring due to or during the public health emergency (proof may be required); and
- The hardship must put them at risk of homelessness or housing instability
- Eligible households may be eligible for UP TO 18 month’s worth of assistance, and applicants must have their finances and qualifying criteria reviewed every three months if they are receiving future assistance. Future funding is not guaranteed.
Interested households may download a copy of the application in the documents section below. Completed applications may be mailed to or dropped off at: 220 Main St., Unit 1, Towanda, PA 18848. Once we receive the completed application, someone will reach out to schedule an appointment to follow up.
PA Homeowner’s Assistance Fund:
The Pennsylvania Homeowner Assistance Fund, or PAHAF, is a housing-related program funded by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to assist Pennsylvania homeowners facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic that began after January 21, 2020, (including a hardship that began before January 21, 2020, and continued after that date). The program will provide financial assistance to homeowners for qualified mortgage and housing-related expenses to avoid delinquency, default, foreclosure, or displacement.
Interested homeowners can click the following link for additional information or to apply: